Search

Useful Vocabulary for a Résumé and Interview


Useful Vocabulary for a Résumé and Interview
Great Action Words for Your Résumé
A
Verb                                Example Sentence
accomplished                 I've accomplished a lot in my current position.
acted                              She's acted as head of the department.
adapted                           I adapt to team working situations easily.
administered                   I administered four committees.
advanced                        I've advanced many new ideas.
advised                           I advised management on purchasing decisions.
allocated                         I allocated resources on a weekly basis.
analyzed                         I analyzed financial data.
applied                                        I applied my knowledge to workflow.
approved                         I approved new products for manufacturing.
arbitrated                        I arbitrated for Fortune 500 companies.
arranged                          I arranged meetings.
assisted                           I assisted the CEO.
attained                           I attained the highest level of certification.
B-C
blended                           I blended traditional approaches with new insights.
brought                           I brought a team player sensibility to the job.
built                                We built more than 200 homes.
carried out                      I carried out a wide range of duties.
cataloged                        I cataloged our company's library. 
collaborated                    I've collaborated with more than fifty clients.
completed                       I completed the highest level of the training.
conceived                       I've conceived of numerous products.
conducted                       I conducted telephone surveys.
constructed                     I constructed prototypes for marketing.
consulted                        I've consulted on a wide range of issues.
contracted                       I've contracted with large and small businesses.
controlled                      I controlled more than $40,000,000.
cooperated                     I cooperated successfully on more than team projects.
coordinated                   I coordinated between sales and marketing departments.
corrected                        I edited and corrected company brochures.
counseled                       I counseled clients on insurance policies.
created                                       I created more than twenty advertising campaigns.
D-E
dealt                               I've dealt with a wide variety of issues.
decided                          I've decided I need to further my career.
decreased                       I decreased spending while improving profits.
delegated                       I've delegated tasks on a number of projects.
detected                         I detected a number of mistakes.
developed                      I developed an invention.
devised                           I devised a plan to improve profits.
directed                         I directed the sales department.
discovered                     I discovered the reason.
distributed                    We distributed throughout the country.
documented                   I documented company policies.
doubled                        We doubled profits in only two years.
edited                             I edited company communications.
encouraged                   We encouraged research and development.
engineered                     I engineered a wide range of applications.
enlarged                         I enlarged our community outreach.
escalated                       We escalated the problems to the director.
established                    I established company guidelines.
estimated                     I estimated future costs.
evaluated                     I evaluated investment opportunities.
examined                      I examined sites for pollution.
expanded                     I expanded our sales to Canada.
experienced                   We experienced difficulties meeting the deadline.
explored                       We explored a wide range of possibilities.
F-L
facilitated                      I facilitated an exchange of ideas between the companies.
finalized                         I finalized projections for the year.
formulated                    I formulated answers to the questions.
founded                         I've founded two companies.
functioned                      I functioned as a liaison between management and employees.
guided                          I guided operations through the process.
handled                             I handled customer complaints.
headed                        I headed an exploratory committee.
identified                     I identified issues and reported back to management.
implemented                    I implemented company plans.
improved                        I improved the feedback process.
increased                       We increased sales by over 50%.
initiated                        I initiated investments into the latest technology.
inspected                      We inspected more than two hundred companies.
installed                       I installed air-conditioning units.
introduced                       We introduced innovate products.
invented                       The company invented double-sided tape.
investigated                   I investigated customer complaints.
led                                 I led the sales department to its best year.
M-P
maintained                       I maintained the company database.
managed                          I've managed more than five hundred employees.
moderated                       I moderated negotiations between the two companies.
negotiated                       I negotiated a better deal for the company.
operated                           I've operated heavy machinery.
organized                        I've organized many projects.
performed                     I performed as company clerk.
pioneered                           We pioneered new sound technologies.
planned                         I planned company retreats.
prepared                           I prepared documents for management.
presented                      I presented at many conferences.
programmed                  I programmed the company database.
promoted                        I promoted employees in human resources.
provided                      We provided feedback to management.
purchased                     I purchased materials for the company.
R-Z
recommended             I recommended cutbacks at the company.
recorded                      I recorded notes during meetings.
recruited                         We recruited the best talent.
redesigned                   I redesigned company workflow.
repaired                         I repaired watches for a few years.
replaced                         I replaced the director after only six months.
restored                          I restored the company to profitability.
reversed                         We reversed the trend and grew.
reviewed                        I reviewed company documents and made recommendations.
revised                        I revised figures at the end of each quarter.
screened                     I screened applicants during job interviews.
selected                          I selected employees and assigned tasks.
serviced                             We serviced all the buses in the area.
set up                          I set up four branches.
stimulated                      I stimulated discussion between departments.
strengthened               We strengthened sales abroad.
summarized                   I summarized complex ideas so everyone could understand.
supervised                    I supervised two teams on the project.
supported                     I supported management with research.
tested                           I tested a number of devices in the field.
trained                           I trained employees.
transformed                We transformed the company in a short time.
upgraded                       We upgraded our IT infrastructure.
validated                              I validated customer claims.

No comments:

Post a Comment

...